05 May, 2012

My saviour before exams


Long time, no post!


My days have been extremely busy lately due to University taking over my life!! I apologise for not being able to post any blogs lately due to exams. Exams, as you all know, are very VERY stressful and can make an individual feel nervous and scared; because let's admit, these things can be really scary. 

So, how do I help my body and brain to relax while studying for an exam and to calm my nerves on the morning of the exam itself?  

Well, here is my way of helping myself to chill out. While I study for an exam, after a certain amount of time, I feel like my brain slowly stops taking things in, and this is when I stress out even more because I feel like I don't know anything even though I have studied so much. When this happens I make myself a nice, warm Chamomile tea. This tea is amazing! It calms my nerves almost instantly.

I also drink this the morning of an exam as it calms the nerves before I enter the exam room with a clear mind and no 'butterflies' in my stomach. This way I am able to think about what I have studied more clearly without my brain stressing out and thinking: 

"I can't remember anything!"
"What am I going to do!" 
"OMG I am going to F.A.I.L!"

Chamomile tea is honestly my saviour before an exam (and also in everyday life if I feel a bit down or stressed). If you are a stress head like myself, then I really recommend you try this out anytime you feel nervous or stressed. I do not have any sugar in it at all, only the tea bag and hot water. 

This tea also helps with stomach pains!

Here is a website that explains 'Chamomile tea' in detail if you would like to know what ingredients are used in this particular tea and the health benefits it has:  
http://www.homeremediesweb.com/chamomile_health_benefits.php

Hope this helps :) If you guys have any tips and tricks on how to calm nerves before an exam or in everyday life, please leave a comment below, I would love to read them.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this! Cool blog!
    I just followed, follow back?
    I'd really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much for following. I will most definitely follow back :)

      And if you try this, It really works! The best thing before exams
      xx

      Delete