07 May, 2012

My everyday foundation routine

Hola everyone,


It is the beginning of another week! I cannot believe how quickly time goes by. 
Today I wanted to share with you guys my everyday foundation routine. This routine makes me feel as if I am not wearing any foundation on my face at all. I wear this make-up when I am going out with my friends doing a bit of retail therapy or going out for lunch or coffee and also when I go to Uni. I often receive many compliments about how nice my skin looks and people also ask me if I am even wearing any foundation. Honestly, I do not have perfect skin at all. I have hyper-pigmentation scars that have been left behind from, not so much acne, but from when I had a severe case of chicken pox when I was younger. I feel like this make-up helps cover up my hyper-pigmentation scars. 

I deal with 'combination skin' which is a common skin type and consists of dry and oily skin. I have really oily skin around my forehead, nose and chin area which causes breakouts around these areas on my face the most. But my cheeks and temple area are always really dry. So I feel like this foundation routine keeps my face hydrated throughout the day. Depending on what I do at night, such as go out for a coffee with friends I wear this make-up as well, instead of any liquid foundation.

These are the products that I use:


NIVEA Tinted Moisturising Day Cream 50 ml Natural
$9.99
Priceline



Maybelline Fit Me Powder $14.95
Priceline






























These products are extremely affordable. Just to clarify, I use the number 225 in natural buff for the powder. Before I apply the tinted moisturiser, I moisturise my face with my 'NIVEA Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream' from Priceline. This cream is for the face, body and hands. I love using this moisturising cream on my face because it makes me feel fresh and it keeps my face extremely hydrated throughout the day and does not leave my face feeling greasy at all. I then rub the tinted moisturiser softly on my face with my fingers, making sure that it is distributed evenly all over my face. When I am done with that, if needed, I use my 'Australis Concealer Stick' also from Priceline, and only apply it to the area of my face that has a break-out or to help cover up really bad hyper-pigmentation. After that, using my 'BYS Kabuki Brush' from Gloss, I apply the powder all over my face in a circular motion. For a hint of colour on my cheeks, I sweep on a nice, light blush across my cheek bones.


Before - only moisturiser on my face


After 


So, there you go :) 
My everyday foundation routine. It looks very natural and leaves your skin with a fresh glow. 


Hope you enjoyed reading this post and let me know in the comments below if you liked this foundation routine. What are your favourite face products?



5 comments:

  1. Very nice blog, i follow you now :)

    Emma

    http://emmawunderbar.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aawww you look so cute :)
    amazing post!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :) Follow if you like it

      xx

      Delete